We are seeking motivated and agile software/openstack engineers to develop and maintain our exciting new OpenStack based cloud solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade private Cloud Computing solution based on OpenStack and to contribute to the community. You will need to be interested in understanding and developing the inner workings of cloud infrastructure, and how to develop it to accommodate the needs of the next generation of research computing. We are a very close-knit team and are looking for engineers that will contribute and grow in this environment, team players who love to learn and share their knowledge and to give our customers the best experience.
- Design, develop and maintain projects related to vScaler
- Assist in Proof of Concepts, work with our Presales team on use-cases
- Collaborate, evaluate and implement features from technology partners
- Integrate code into our vScaler OpenStack Cloud, package and create CI tests
- Maintain vScaler Cloud related packages during their lifecycle
- Represent vScaler in conferences and meetings and contribute code to Open Source projects such as OpenStack and others
- Become one the internal subject matter expert on projects/technologies such as Kolla, Horizon, Neutron, Ironic, Nova, Heat, Keystone, Cinder, Monasca and others
- Researching, designing and developing performant and scalable cloud infrastructure
- Helping to improve the operational resilience of OpenStack and identifying failure root causes
- Optionally, presenting your research at conferences and evangelising the work done by vScaler
- Excellent experience in software development, specifically on Linux systems
- Good programming skills in Python
- Fundamental understanding of the Linux OS and shell scripting
- Basic understanding of OpenStack, its components and architecture
- Experience with source code management systems (ideally Github) and packaging
- Strong communication, interpersonal, verbal, and written skills (emails, IRC) in English
- Experience of Open Source communities/projects
- Experience of Agile continuous development projects
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Experience working with Presales or customers on proof of concepts, understanding use-cases and resolving roadblocks
- Experience working with technology partners on joint solutions
- Experience in working with High-Performance Computing System (HPC)
- Strong technical knowledge of Linux-based cloud infrastructure technologies, such as; virtualisation, containerisation or software-defined networking (SDN)
- Understanding the design of OpenStack services
- Experience with SQL database administration
- Development of applications that use or implement RESTful services
- Programming in Python to an advanced level
- System-level programming experience an advantage
- Experience of dynamic web interface development an advantage
Why work with us:
- vScaler is coming out of stealth mode and you will be joining a team at the early stages of product development which is both exciting and a superb opportunity to grow as one of the early team members.
- We have an agile approach to developing our HPC focused Cloud offering which streamlines timescales and delivers code as a series of continuing product additions.
- We share success and working as a team respect each other’s contributions.
- Flexible working hours
- Team building events & opportunities to meet other members of the larger group over drinks and Companywide events.
- Vast opportunity for personal development.
- Opportunities for travel to conferences around the world
- Be part of the global Open Source community
Built on OpenStack, vScaler offers secure private, public and hybrid cloud environments ensuring business can deliver scalable, highly efficient, cost effective applications to their users. VScaler’s platform enables High Performance Compute (HPC) and compute intensive applications, such as rendering or live broadcast encoding/transcoding, to operate with outstanding performance through a single management portal. With vScaler, you can deploy your on premise private cloud in minutes, add cloud-based services or applications, and scale to public or hybrid cloud environments on-demand. It’s time to rethink what can be done in the cloud